Usually people who want to use Southwest decor think big. Although the walls need to be of correct consistency and color, authentic domestic and western style is needed, and the right rugs and blankets should be incorporated into the room, sometimes small additions are the ones that have the greatest effect. We wanted to show you eight methods to achieve southwestern look and feel with small things that pack a punch.
Undoubtedly, the spirit of the old west is somewhat calming and unique, offering a rich history. If you want to change your family home, holiday home or cottage, the details make the difference.
1. Candles – Most homes today have light in several rooms. Fragrance light gives an inviting scent and also creates a homely and romantic atmosphere with the soft glow. Candles for Southwest decor come mainly hundreds of options. For example, you add a group of tiered candles with two or more popular rustic colors. Another choice that many people make is to stack candles with caramel colors that have Indian beads that are linked to jute trains. The color complements the southwestern flavor and choosing a fragrance that spiced wood or jasmine would support the earthly design.
2. Watches – Add something special like a Western style clock for interior design in the southwest living room. Three examples are an arrow-shaped clock with a picture of a beautiful Native American woman in the middle, one with a wolf and eagle or a clock with wild horses.
3. Ceramics – Every Indian tribe leaves its own unique signature of patterns and colors for ceramics. Adding a hand-painted pottery or a natural vase to the southwest decor would enhance the room's appearance.
4. Dreamcatcher – A dreamcatcher has always been a traditional part of Native American culture, when hung on the wall, it promotes peace and good dreams. Made of high quality wool, feathers, fur and Indian beads, this handmade art is beautiful and makes a perfect point of contact.
5. Lamps – You can choose between elaborate chandeliers and pendants or simple floor, and table lamps and luminaires in different designs. Some lamps are made of hand-wrought wrought iron and reinforced with an elongated rough skin or pigskin shadow with beautiful hand-painted images, or you can choose a fixture that is actually shaped like a wolf head, cow's skull, Indian drum, etc.
6. Figurines – Of course, rooms with a southwestern interior often have signs on the display. Most are made of iron or wood, showing either Western or Native American relics such as canoe, eagle, horse, Kokopelli, Kachina doll, Indian boss, drum etc.
7. Mission Art Work – Mission style is also associated with Southwest decor, made of wrought iron or wood, and is available in several designs. Some people will use large metal crossings on the wall, place light on wooden rustically designed light fixtures, use a Mission-style screen, or display a lantern with colorful glass inserts.
8. Antlers – The rustic style of the southwest also includes guns. With this you would have the opportunity to install a real antler crown or choose a small candlestick or sculpture, beautifully made from real angles.